- Turnaround Time
- Rush Orders
- Who Makes Your Clothes?
- Custom Designs
- Changing the Cut
- Lining and Padding
- Why Bamboo?
- Garment Care
Each piece is handmade specifically for the customer, which means I make a new pattern every time! I am the only person sewing and running the company, so the wait time can fluctuate between 1-4 weeks.
Due to the customized nature, we do not accept returns simply for a change of mind or if you have purchased the wrong size- so please choose carefully. A size chart is posted and it is the buyer's responsibility to check their measurements and message me with any questions BEFORE purchasing.
In the event of a faulty or damaged product, please contact us within 7 days to facilitate a replacement.
Custom orders come with free alterations- I will pay for a tailor's bill to have the item altered within two months of delivery. You can also send custom orders back to me for alterations, paying the shipping in one direction.
All parcels are posted with Canada Post and transferred to regular mail in the delivery country (such as USPS). Standard mail does not come with tracking codes.
Items normally take between 4-10 business days for delivery in North America, and 3-8 weeks to the rest of the world.
Shipping upgrades are available in the checkout.
Occasionally, items do get held or checked by customs, as is normal for international shipping. I can not be held responsible for these inconsistencies, as they are random and unexpected, and I appreciate your understanding.
When I am offering them, rush upgrades are available here
The fine print: Excludes weekends and holidays. The number of items does not count premade items like padding or premade sale items. Regular shipping rates apply - see above.
We accept cancellation within one week of purchase, and within 2 hours of a rush order.
Who Makes Your Clothes?
Me, Rae! I am the one who answers your emails, makes each pattern from scratch, cuts and sews your garment and writes each thank-you note. Sometimes when I am too busy I will employ help from my community for sewing or packaging. In this case, I pay a competitive wage that reflects the high level of skill required.
I work from a private studio in Montreal, Canada. If you are local to the area, find out about booking a fitting.
- Lingerie is made of Bamboo, a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative
- Swimwear fabrics are sourced from deadstock and local/family-owned businesses or are made in Canada
- Select swimwear fabric is 80% recycled content, and I will be phasing in more of these fabrics
- All shipments are packaged in recycled /biodegradable bags
- Produced in a highly energy efficient workspace
- I buy materials and other items from other independent sellers and local craftspeople to support handmade in every aspect of my business
- Employees are paid a very competetive wage
I encourage you to send me your ideas with the custom order form. I will provide a cost, time estimate, and sketch. Please allow at least 4 weeks to have a custom piece designed and made.
Changing the Cut
All swim bottoms, one-piece swimsuits and underwear can be customized in cut for no extra charge. Other simple alterations like changing a neckline are free. See the fit guide for details.
Lining and Padding
I offer a range of padding, lining and bra inserts that can be purchased separately or sewn into your order. See all the options here.
Bamboo is a luxurious, eco-friendly and sustainable fabric. If you've never used it, you won't want anything else next to your skin! These are just some of the reasons why I use bamboo?
- Softness - Softer than the softest cotton, Bamboo fabric has a natural sheen to the surface and feels similar to silk or cashmere. It has less shrinkage than cotton and does not pill.
- Regulates temperature- Bamboo is thermal regulating, anti-fungal, anti-static and will keep you cooler, drier, warmer and odor free. It wicks away moisture naturally, making it the perfect underwear layer
- Protective and Hygienic - Bamboo clothing is naturally anti-microbial requiring no harmful chemicals.
- Natural and Chemical-Free - Bamboo is grown without using pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Bamboo fiber is 100% biodegradable
- Fewer Resources Used- It requires a very small amount of water used to grow and has extremely fast regeneration.
For all fabrics, wash in cold water and hang to dry. For swimwear, rinse in fresh water after every use and dry flat in the shade. Fabrics have been prewashed in eco-friendly soaps to remove any chemical residue. Lace, Mesh, Fringe, Liquid Lycra, Strapping (as in harnesses, garters, strappy bras, etc) and Eyelash lace should be hand washed and hung to dry.
Items are made in a space shared with a dog.
All my transactions and delivery methods are confidential and discreet. Packages are marked by broad categories such as "top" and have no outer branding besides the company name and address.