- Turnaround Time
- Common Shipping Times
- Rush Orders
- Who Makes Your Clothes?
- Custom Designs
- Changing the Cut
- Lining and Padding
- Why Bamboo?
- Fabric Continuity
- Garment Care
Each piece is handmade specifically for you. We are a very small team, and our current wait period is 3-4 weeks.
- I ship internationally. For a shipping quote, please add all your items to your cart to see the accurate shipping options. I do not have access to these estimates, as they are calculated automatically by Canada Post. Canada Post transfers your package to regular mail in the delivery country (such as USPS). Standard mail does not come with tracking codes. Shipping times are below.
- I STRONGLY recommend a tracked service outside of the US and Canada. The most affordable options (small packet air and surface) are often unreliable and DO NOT come with insurance. You agree when selecting an untracked and uninsured option that packages which are lost will NOT be replaced or refunded. Items which are lost in the mail will be investigated by Canada Post and refunded only if you have used a tracked and insured shipping option and if it is not delayed by Customs.
- Occasionally, items do get held or checked by customs, as is normal for international shipping. I can not be held responsible for these inconsistencies, and I appreciate your understanding.
- Custom and duties fees are not included in our pricing and are the sole responsibility of the buyer
- If a package is not picked up, or the duty is not paid and it is returned to us, we will ask you to cover re-shipping fees if you wish to have it re-sent. Otherwise, your order will be donated to those in need.
Common Shipping Times
- Expedited Parcel: 1-8 business days (tracked)
- Xpresspost: 1-4 business days (tracked and insured)
- Priority: 1-4 business days (tracked and insured)
- Small Packet: 5-9 business days (untracked)
- Tracked Packet: 4-8 business days (tracked)
- Expedited Parcel: 4-8 business days (tracked and insured)
- Xpresspost: 2-4 business days (tracked, insured, delivery confirmation, signature required)
- Small Packet Air: 6-11 business days (untracked)
- Small Packet Surface: 4-12 weeks (untracked)
- Tracked Packet: 6-11 business days (tracked)
- Xpresspost International: 4-8 business days (tracked and insured)
- Due to the customized and intimate nature of my work, I do not accept returns simply for a change of mind or if you have purchased the wrong size- so please choose carefully. Our unique size chart is posted and it is the buyer's responsibility to check their measurements and message me with any questions BEFORE purchasing.
- In the event of a faulty or damaged product, please contact me within 7 days to facilitate a replacement or refund.
- Custom orders are eligible for free alteration if the fit is off by more than a half inch, as stretch material and the human body itself allow for this margin of error when measuring.
- I will pay for a tailor's bill to have the item altered within two months of delivery. In this case, please provide a quote from a tailor of your choice. You can also send custom orders back to me for alterations, paying the shipping in one direction.
- Alterations and replacements are shipped with standard mail. If you wish to upgrade this, you can offer to pay the difference.
- Sale items (discounted as well as sale pieces purchased through Instagram) are final sale.
When I am offering them, rush upgrades are available here
The fine print: Excludes weekends and holidays. The number of items does not count premade items like padding or premade sale items. Regular shipping rates apply - see above.
We accept cancellation within one week of purchase, and within 2 hours of a rush order.
Who Makes Your Clothes?
It's me, Rae! I've been making your garments for the last decade- and only this year have I taken on a few skilled helpers for some key production processes and shipping.
I work from a private studio in Montreal, Canada on unceeded Tio'tia:ke land. If you are local, find out about booking a fitting.
- Lingerie is made of Bamboo, a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative
- Swimwear fabrics are sourced from deadstock, recycled nylon,and Canadian mills.
- We do not purchase new material on the market or order custom material. In this way, we only use what's already in existence and do not add to the amount of material on the planet.
- We buy from small, family- owned business. We do not buy materials from overseas.
- Select swimwear fabric is 80% recycled content, and I will be phasing in more of these fabrics
- All shipments are packaged in recycled/reusable/recyclable bags
- Produced in a highly energy efficient workspace
- I buy materials and other items from other independent sellers and local craftspeople to support handmade in every aspect of my business
- Employees are paid a very competitive wage
- 5% of total yearly sales are donated to these organization
I encourage you to send me your ideas with the custom order form. I will provide a cost, time estimate, and sketch. Please allow at least four weeks to have a custom piece designed and made from the time of payment.
Changing the Cut
All swim bottoms, one-piece swimsuits and underwear can be customized in cut for no extra charge. Other simple alterations like changing a neckline are free. See the fit guide for details. You can add these changes to the order notes, or message me if you have any questions
Lining and Padding
I offer a range of padding, lining and bra inserts that can be purchased separately or sewn into your order. See all the options here.
Bamboo is a luxurious, eco-friendly and sustainable fabric. If you've never used it, you won't want anything else next to your skin! These are just some of the reasons why I use bamboo?
- Softness - Softer than the softest cotton, Bamboo fabric has a natural sheen to the surface and feels similar to silk or cashmere. It has less shrinkage than cotton and does not pill.
- Regulates temperature- Bamboo is thermal regulating, anti-fungal, anti-static and will keep you cooler, drier, warmer and odor free. It wicks away moisture naturally, making it the perfect underwear layer
- Protective and Hygienic - Bamboo clothing is naturally anti-microbial requiring no harmful chemicals.
- Natural and Chemical-Free - Bamboo is grown without using pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Bamboo fiber is 100% biodegradable
- Fewer Resources Used- It requires a very small amount of water used to grow and has extremely fast regeneration.
When you place an order, the fabrics may not be the same as previous orders. This applies especially to black swimwear fabrics. I choose to source fabric from deadstock or pre-made sources rather than ordering fabric to be made new for me. In this way, I reduce my ecological impact by using industry "waste" and not creating any new materials. I apologize that there may slight differences between orders with regards to tone, weight, shine, etc.
- For all fabrics, wash in cold water and hang to dry. For swimwear, rinse in fresh water after every use and dry flat in the shade. Lace, mesh, fringe, liquid lycra, strapping (as in harnesses, garters, strappy bras, etc) should be hand washed and hung to dry.
- Fabrics have been prewashed in eco-friendly soaps to remove any chemical residue. Bamboo has been washed and dried to preshrink the fabric.
Items are made in a space shared with a dog and may have been washed with scented detergent.
- All my transactions and delivery methods are confidential and discreet. Customs information is marked as "clothing" or with an order number.
- Packages within Canada do not have a contents description. Packages have no outer branding besides the recipient and company name and address.
- Recipient name and address will be printed as they are entered in your order.